Sunday 12 December 2010



Here are the final edits. I decided to use the short captions 'Bind us' 'Renew Us' and 'Release Us' to roughly relate to the themes of Relationship, Transformation and Journey. I am going to print them as 3 A2 pieces. I am hoping the viewer will allow themselves to respond emotionally to the images rather than trying to analyse the 'meaning' of each one. Whilst I could explain the images and reasons for including them I relied heavily on my intuition when photographing.  I believe that sometimes our minds can get in the way of our understanding especially when it comes to something as indescribable and unknowable as God. I hope that a visual response to trying to get to know and get closer to God with the struggles that go with that will offer an alternative path of contemplation over explanation. Whether or not the viewer has a faith themselves I hope that they will be able to see aspects of their own journey through life reflected in the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment